- Identify key regional health inequity issues and drivers, and advance a responsive agenda.
- Use the collective power of organizations represented on the RHECs to derive models for and promote cross-sector collaboration.
- Initiate new and support existing regional policies and action to eliminate health disparities.
- Leverage opportunities available through organizations and sectors represented on the council to address health disparities.
- Convene regional stakeholders and partners to address regional health disparities issues.
Co-Chairs – Michelle Reece and Vivian Lasley-Bibbs
Treasurer – Lynette Gibson
The Mississippi Rural Health Association serves as the fiscal agent for the Southern Health Equity Council.