The Mississippi Rural Health Association is pleased to host a job board rural health professionals. Any job in rural health is now accepted on the job board.
Baptist Medical Center Hiring Billing Manager
The Manager, Billing provides direction and management to staff responsible for productivity and collections from government and commercial payers. Collaborates with the overall physician and hospital revenue cycle department to meet the metrics, mission, vision and values of the BMG organization.
- Assists with development of all billing department’s priorities, procedures and policies for BMHCC, BMG and its Foundations. Determine appropriate and effective performance metrics and staff requirements for the department to run with efficiency, accuracy and outstanding customer service.
- Develops processes and procedures for the efficient and successful flow of interdependent information between the third party billing vendors, both government and commercial.
- Designs and executes key strategies to drive collection of earned reimbursement.
- Develops processes and policies for appeals and denials.
- Oversees and manages the daily performance of their reporting staff.
- Monitors insurance accounts receivable activity and performance and initiates appropriate corrective measures as needed, as well as monitoring all departmental processes to ensure compliance with performance metrics. Proactively identify and assess trends and aberrations then proposing a course of action to the leadership team.
- Monitors billing compliance with all third party payer regulations.
- Ensures that customer satisfaction is achieved through courteous and effective communication, problem solving and efficient processes.
- Resolves complex patient, physician and other patient issues when necessary.
- Promotes a team-oriented environment that fosters effective collaboration within and outside of the department.
- Hires, coaches and motivates team; Implements and monitors staff productivity and service performance metrics.
- Maintains confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA regulations and ensures that department remains compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Shared/Support Services through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Responsible for maximizing reimbursement, meeting established clean claim rates and timely resolution of payer suspended and/or rejected claims.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Broad knowledge in business administration, finance, healthcare administration, etc.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with demonstrated results.
Minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, with experience within a large integrated healthcare delivery system preferred.
Epic experience highly desired.
Contact Beverly Fish at Beverly.Fish@BMHCC.org for more information.
LOOKING FOR AN EM PROVIDER TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
Seeking providers to join our team in Mississippi in a new 25 bed Level IV Trauma Facility. Position is located in Hazlehurst, MS.
- 11k annual ER volume
- 12 or 24 hour shifts, 6-6
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS required
- above average compensation
- Independent contractor
- Malpractice provided
For more information, please contact Hollie Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-526-OPYS.
How to Submit a Job
Would you like to submit a job for inclusion? Contact Ryan Kelly at email@example.com with the following details of the position:
- Job title (of position available)
- Qualifications and description
- Other details as desired
There is no cost for MRHA members to use this resource.