HRSA’s National Center for Health Workforce Analysis recently conducted analyses on the adult and pediatric mental health and substance abuse disorder workforce.
They have generated national-level projection estimates for the health workforce for the following behavioral health occupations between 2016 and 2030. Click on the following links to view these estimates.
- Addiction counselors
- Marriage and family therapists
- Mental health and school counselors
- Psychiatric technicians and psychiatric aides
- Psychiatric nurse practitioners and psychiatric physician assistants
- Social workers
- State-Level Estimates of Behavioral Health Workforce
- Estimates of New Behavioral Health Grads, 2016 – 2021